There are many so called ESD safe workstations available in the market who claims to give best ESD solution. Most of them fail to deliver what they had promised and thus the end-user suffers or we can say is not satisfied from the purchase.
Thus we have listed some of the characteristics which an ideal ESD Workstation should possess, thus helping the end-user to choose the right ESD workbench for himself.
The list is as follows:
- ESD Workstations should follow these basic ESD Standards ANSI/ESD S20.20-2014 and IEC 61340- ESD Standards.
- ESD Workstations should follow all kinds of Laboratory and Classroom Safety Standards so as to pass the audit test.
- The ESD Charge should dissipate uniformly on dissipative surface and should discharge on the ground in specific time.
- The ESD safe workbench should have volume conductive ESD safe property, which assures lifetime ESD protection.
- The grounding of the workstation should be proper.
- Workstations should not generate any charge by itself.
- The ESD worktable should be ergonomic, modular, lightweight and easily customizable so all the future expansion is possible without having to change the workstation everytime you plan for an expansion.
- All electrical components, instruments, computer peripherals should be properly placed on the workbench enabling the maximum work surface for use, and to ensure proper workplace ergonomics for the end user.
- Inbuilt cable chambers for all kind of media guidance making the workplace neat and clean.
- The ESD safe workbench should not generate any electromagnetic fields or electromagnetic interference.
If an ESD safe worktable satisfy most of the above characteristics then it’s an Ideal ESD worktable.